Sponsor me please!

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

I'm fundraising for Neurocare. To help me support this great cause, sponsor me by clicking above or texting NEUR95 £5 to 70070. Thank you!

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Training

So, following time spent just running on the spot of the Wii Fit, I'm finally biting the bullet and going out to run. This will include the wonderful Parkrun, which runs 5k runs all over the country every Saturday at 9am (and best of all, is free).  This ought to give me a good idea of my baseline fitness.

The event takes place in Endcliffe Park, just off Ecclesall road in Sheffield.  I have to admit, I'm relatively nervous, not least because I haven't run this distance since I was around 15 years old, and I have a friend visiting that weekend, so I likely to be running 5k on the back of a massive Friday night bender, but such is life!  At least I know that this is (hopefully) my worst, and hence a good benchmark to work from.

In other news, I'm deciding what charity to finally run for.  I have already decided on a cancer charity (as it was recently rather succinctly put by a friend of mine, "cancer's a cunt"), but which one?  Should I go for a national charity, like Cancer Research UK, or a more local one, such as Cavendish Cancer Care, Weston Park Hospital or Amy's Retreat?  How about a hospice?  Too many of my family have had to use one, but the care and support they provide is amazing, and I'd love to be able to help them.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment