Sponsor me please!

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

I'm fundraising for Neurocare. To help me support this great cause, sponsor me by clicking above or texting NEUR95 £5 to 70070. Thank you!

Monday 16 April 2012

Head Start Finished!

So, I finished it!  In the end, it was easier than I thought, and I was actually disappointed with my time of 33 minutes and 29 seconds (my own timing was slightly quicker, probably because it was over 30 seconds after the official start before I crossed the start line)

In any case, I feel as though I ran well for myself, for Loren, for Ben and most of all of course, for Paul.  I'm proud of myself forgoing from no exercise to running 5K in less than a fortnight, and I know that they will be/would have been proud of me too.  I just wish I'd gone sub 30-minutes.  Next time my friends, next time...

Next stop now then is the Great Yorkshire Run - 10 kilometres from Sheffield City Centre out towards my house and then back again - a run I can relatively easily practice myself as I practically live on the route.  I'm still looking for ideas for a charity to benefit from my endeavours.  Should I return to Neurocare, or move onto another charity.  Cancer Research UK and Weston Park Hospital are just two to which I have a great personal affiliation.  Let me know your thoughts!  Oh, and just to remind you all. You can still give me some money (or rather, give Neurocare some money) at my Justgiving Page.  I've got £85 towards my £100 target.  Of course, I paid £10 to enter and £10 for a shirt, but I don't want to include that.  Can anyone make up the final £15?

No comments:

Post a Comment