Sponsor me please!

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

I'm fundraising for Neurocare. To help me support this great cause, sponsor me by clicking above or texting NEUR95 £5 to 70070. Thank you!

Sunday 1 April 2012

A New Plan for an Old Blog!

OK, so this was originally my blog for Lent 2011 when I decided to stop drinking in order to raise money for Sheffield Alcohol Support Service. Well, as I've recently gone on a fitness bender (last week at the parents ignored for a few moments) I've decided to go the whole hog a train to actually do something useful! Oh yes people, I present Lewis' new running blog!

I'll be training to run the Great Yorkshire Run this is a 10 kilometre run around Sheffield City Centre, taking place on 2nd September 2012.  I will then be looking to run the Sheffield Half Marathon in May next year (I think May 27th this year is probably a little early to run a half marathon straight from the box), and I look to run a marathon ASAP.  All this will be in aid of (mostly likely) a Cancer charity tbc.  I myself have lost many family members to cancer, including my granddad not long after I was born and both my nan's had cancer at some point although it was not what finally killed them.  Other members of my extended family have died from this horrible disease, and there are still more loved ones currently suffering.  I'm sure you all know someone who had suffered from cancer, so please, dig deep and help me.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment